Tuesday, January 29, 2013

All About Me


My name is Meghan Patterson. I'm 21 years old from the small rural town of Stoneboro, PA. I'm a Sophomore at Edinboro majoring in Early Childhood Education. I transferred from Mercyhurst after two years of attending there. I'm a country girl, I love to go muddin' and having fun out in the middle of nowhere. I'm also a huge Broncos fan. In highschool, I ran track and played volleyball and basketball. I love the old American Muscle Cars and I like to drag race. I am a vegetarian and have been since 1st grade; I have a food allergy to meat.
I have shown Quarter Horses since I was 4 years old. I compete in the AQHA circuit and I love show jumping. My Quarter Horse is named, Trust Te Lark and is the grandson of the 2-time Super Horse, Rugged Lark. This sport is very risky, and I have almost died many of times in accidents. It is my true passion, even though sometimes I ask myself, "Why on earth am I still doing this?!" My Dad was my coach and got me where I am today in the "horse show world." Below is a video of,Rugged Lark. It just shows how amazing the Quarter Horse is and how fun it is to watch the horse and rider connect.








I feel that technology is essential in learning. The world is changing and is based around technology now. I remember growing up and playing outside all of the time, and now children these days have cell phones, laptops and other electronic devices at such a young age. Technology is a way that students can understand and learn better. I feel that by learning more about technology and how to become more experienced with it, the better of a teacher I can be.

I believe that teaching is the essential part in a child's life. Some children might not have the support of family that teaches them anything. School is the "safe place" for children to go, have fun and most importantly, to learn. Children look up to their teachers, especially at a young age. It is so fun to watch the children learn and be excited about learning!

4 comments:

  1. Great intro of yourself. And the beliefs you have as a pre-service teacher and hope you keep the importance of technology with you as you progress in the professional field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job of introducing yourself! And as a fellow horse lover, I really enjoyed the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same major and I also played basketball in high school and I loved it! I also have tried being a vegetarian but it was hard for me to keep up and actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool that you are into showing quarter horses. I never knew showing was dangerous...who would have thought. Your blog comes across very honest or real and that made it more enjoyable to read. Very personable. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete