Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twitter and Me



Personally, I am not a fan of Twitter. I deleted my personal account months ago, to try and get away from "social media." I just do not have the time to be on the computer or technology in general all of the time. I have a farm and I am working all the time or studying for classes. I thought that this professional account would be different, so I am giving it a chance. I do understand how it can help teaching and communicating, but in  my opinion, I do not like the aspect of this type of social media invovling teaching methods. The way the test was given via Twitter, was alright, but not the way I am used to and will have to get accustomed to it.

4 comments:

  1. Although social media can be distracting, it can have a strong effect when used correctly.Give it a chance and think of the benefits it can provide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you haven't given up on using Twitter in the classroom. There are a ton of educational tools for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter and other social networks are a lot of a distracting and I find myself getting distracted by them most of the time, but giving the professional account a chance is a good way to see different views and communicate through a different environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you Meghan. I've never had a twitter account, and now that I have a professional twitter account, I know why. Too much info coming across.

    ReplyDelete