Monday, March 25, 2013

Differentiation






Differentiated instruction is an instructional method. Teachers can structure learning environments that address the variety of learning styles, interests, and abilities found within a classroom. This instructional method, can help children in the classroom and have a better learning experience. Differentiated learning, helps students to understand a concept, effectively. There are many different learning needs and teachers are now learning new ways to give personalized and individualized instruction. Children have different readiness levels, and might need extra help or a different way of learning a concept. Differentiation learning, is a way, that all students can be included and can also be successful. 

In my opinion, I think technology can help specifically with reading and math. I had and still have trouble with math. I think if my teachers would have used technology, I might have learned better. Some children understand things better on a computer, rather than listening to a teacher lecture. I had watched a video on how teachers use differentiation instruction with math to teach, and it was a very successful learning experience for the students. 


7 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you said that technology is good with reading and math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that technology can really help reading and math! Love the web diagram! It adds a lot of color and draws attention to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked very much how you almost gave future teachers (or anyone who reads this blog) an idea on how to fix problems you've had in the classroom in the past, such as, your troubles with math and how perhaps introducing a computer would help other students to understand it better. Math is a very complex subject to master, so I understand where you are coming from. All in all, I loved the blog because it was informational and personal too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you said about technology and how helpful it can be with certain subjects and how it can really help all kids of students. I also really like the image you posted on the bottom of the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think technology could really help reading and math also! Technology opens up so many more options for learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the part when you said that technology is helpful with certain areas with all types of students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not think that technology can help all students. Some will still learn better by just writing things down. This is the point of differentiation though. The teacher is not supposed to use one type of activity and reach the whole class, he is supposed to make different types of activities for each type of student. Therefore, just using technology will not help everyone.

    ReplyDelete